Reimagine.EDU is a first-of-its-kind collaboration with the Toronto Catholic District School Board that seeks to improve student achievement among Black and African-Diasporic students who attend Toronto-area Catholic high schools.
How Does Reimagine.EDU Work?
Youth LEAPS partners with select high schools within the TCDSB to offer the Reimagine.EDU course which is designed to support students who have demonstrated early signs of disengagement and are at risk of dropping out.
These signs include low credit attainment, incidences of behavioural mismanagement and absenteeism/attendance.
What does Reimagine.EDU offer participants?
- Culturally relevant/responsive curriculum
- Academic, Community, and Personal development training and workshops
- Independent Graduation Plan counseling
- Assistance with Post-Secondary entrance
- Community and Civic engagement through school and community partnership
- Coordinated access to social services
Nearly 100 students have taken the Reimagine.EDU course and have reported the following outcomes and impacts:
- Improved literacy and numeracy levels among participants
- Increased credit attainment
- Improved prospects of graduation
- Increased access to necessary social services
- Improved attendance
- Decreased behavioural issues
To learn more about the Reimagine.EDU please contact email@example.com