In 2013, Youth LEAPS partnered with Toronto Catholic District School Board to create Reimagine.EDU, a first-of-its-kind collaboration that hopes to improve student achievement among at-risk students in high school.
How Does Reimagine.EDU Work?
Youth LEAPS partners with select high schools within the TCDSB to offer the Reimagine.EDU course which is designed to support students who have demonstrated early signs of disengagement and are at risk of dropping out.
These signs include low credit attainment, incidences of behavioural mismanagement and absenteeism/attendance.
What does Reimagine.EDU offer participants?
- Culturally relevant/responsive curriculum
- Academic, Community, and Personal development training and workshops
- Independent Graduation Plan counseling
- Assistance with Post-Secondary entrance
- Community and Civic engagement through school and community partnership
- Coordinated access to social services
Nearly 100 students have taken the Reimagine.EDU course and have reported the following outcomes and impacts:
- Improved literacy and numeracy levels among participants
- Increased credit attainment
- Improved prospects of graduation
- Increased access to necessary social services
- Improved attendance
- Decreased behavioural issues
To learn more about the Reimagine.EDU please contact Adi Dasgupta at email@example.com